“Artificial Intelligence must be about more than our things. It must be about more than our machines. It must be a way to advance human behavior in complex human situations.
“This will require imprinting AI’s genome with social intelligence for human interaction. It will require wisdom-powered coding. It must begin right now.”
— Phil Lawson
Billions are being spent on artificial intelligence right now.
The cultural blueprint for AI is being written. Soon enough, when it fully unites with our smartphones, cars, homes and places of employment, there will be no turning back.
That’s why we believe Artificial Intelligence and AI powered personal assistants must also, right now, be centered on ways to expand the human experience — to help humans help themselves. Help humans break through inherent limitations to better navigate complex human scenarios in life, health, work, the world. ‘Help humans become better at being human.’*
So what’s the point of this blog?
- Ensure that AI development is also for humans, about human situations, to boost human potential.
- Define “AI socialization.”
- Expand AI cognitive computing-machine learning to include social AI learning for the purpose of engaging the human’s own perceiving, reflecting, meaning-making, and deciding, in the absence of absolutes.
- Map complex social scenarios for humans, so they may access situation-relevant learning and chart informed choices.
- Transform omniscient programming approaches to include AI to human collaborations — to learn the human, interact with the human, and directly respond to his/her individual needs.
Personal assistants, intelligent assistants and avatars are poised for great advancement, but their success will depend upon more than smart code and algorithms. Their creators must also realize that:
- Behavioral targeting by avatars is different than behavioral development in the humans who use avatars.
- Conversational services of avatars is different than conversational meaning-making for the humans who use avatars.
- Depth of personality in avatars is different than the depth of perceptions in humans who use avatars.
Up to now, human behavior has been the elephant in the room for software designers and AI coders. But behavior growth is key to human progress.That’s why behavior growth is the obvious next step in artificial intelligence. Human behavior is relative to everything we do. Our health, our partnerships, relationships, our education and career, all have behavior elements. Companies have behavior elements. Even government agencies have behavior elements.
But current artificial intelligent agents, such as Siri, Cortana and Google Now, do nothing to help humans navigate complex human situations. They only help humans navigate the best deals, the best travel routes, the busiest schedules.
Its time for AI to interact with humans, about human issues, to promote human growth.
If Stephen Hawking, Elon Musk, Bill Gates and many others have voiced their concerns, some even signing petitions about the direction of Artificial Intelligence, wondering if it will be the best thing or worst thing to happen to humans, then it’s essential that we capitalize on ways for AI to boost human potential.
*See Jordan Harrison quote on this website.
Learn more @ 2014: Zero Hour for AI
Socializing AI for humans
about human issues
to boost human potential